Thursday, February 2, 2012
26 Weeks Pregnant
I can't believe I start my third trimester next week! It's getting more and more real every day. I can't wait to meet this little guy and get to know him. He is incredibly active and moves all day (and all night) long. His movements are definitely different than Eli's were. Eli rolled around my belly really slowly, but this guy punches and kicks hard and fast. He presses a lot harder than Eli did and even makes me uncomfortable sometimes. His movements aren't quite as sweet as Eli's were.
I've been having some pain on one side of my lower back that has been radiating down into my butt. It's been pretty uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I talked to my doctor about it at my appointment this week and he thinks it's my sciatic nerve. Gratefully, the pain isn't going all the way down through my leg, so that's good. He says that some good stretching should help.
Eli has been really sick the past week. It started with a virus, which I'm pretty sure he got from a sick little girl at the gym day care, and turned into a raging ear infection. We were on vacation in Palm Desert the whole time he was sick, and let's just say it wasn't our best trip ever. We only managed to make it out of the hotel room a handful of times because he was so miserable. He ran a fever for almost a week, vomited constantly, could barely breathe through his runny nose, and barely ate or drank. We were planning on driving home, but ended up buying a last minute plane ticket back to Salt Lake so I could get him to a doctor. The plane ticket was cheaper than it would have been to take him to the doctor in Palm Desert where our health insurance doesn't cover. We took him to the E.R. straight from the airport. They did chest x-rays and ran all sorts of tests on him. The antibiotics and constant Ibuprofen helped, and after a few days, he seemed back to his normal, happy self.
Needless to say, I caught Eli's virus and have been dealing with a runny nose and a cough for over a week now. My nose already congested from the pregnancy but has been even worse because of the sickness. I am feeling a lot better now, but still have an annoying residual cough that won't go away.
Adam refinished our hardwood floors this past week. It was a lot harder than we thought it would be and took a lot longer than we planned. He wanted to have them done by the time we got home from California, but it ended up taking an extra week. I helped him with them a lot. Hopefully all of the fumes from the stain and polyurethane were okay for the baby! We worked our butts off. My knees have bruises all over them and are so sore from crawling around the hardwood on them. My back hurts from bending over so much. The good news is that they're done! Adam and I swore to each other that we will never do them ourselves again. We'll hire a professional, no matter how much it costs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You look great! I love your dress. I also had a sciatic nerve problem when I was pregnant. I could barely walk to work from the metro, I just sort of hobbled everywhere, so I feel your pain. The good news is that it went away after awhile. I'm not sure if it was just the position of the baby or what. It was a good excuse to get a prenatal massage although it didn't do any good in solving the problem. Hopefully yours goes away soon.
I can't wait to see your new floors!
Andrea, you look beautiful! I'm afraid I'll look like a hippo if I'm ever pregnant; you look like a model!
You guys have been working so hard and it shows. The house looks SO much better than it did when you moved in. I can't believe all you've been able to get done. Andi, you are working way too hard for a pregnant girl in her third trimester. Lie down!! Mom
Post a Comment