Can I share a few of my favorite photos from our first days with Oliver?
This photo was taken just a few hours after Oliver and I met. I get teary just looking at it. I love way he is relaxing on my chest, completely content. There is nothing better in the world than snuggling my newborns.
I also love this one of Oliver and his daddy. Adam looks like he is just drinking up his newborn scent. I love the tender moments between my boys and their daddy.
I've always found it hilarious how much new babies look like wrinkly old men. Doesn't he look like a grandpa here?
We had quite a few visitors at the hospital. They brought all kinds of homemade food, lotion and bath salts for me, balloons, and other gifts. This gorgeous floral arrangement is from my parents. They brightened our hospital room and made it so cheery.
This was outside the hospital on our way home. I look like I have it together here, but really, I was a mess inside. I was incredibly nervous to take Oliver home, mainly because I was anxious about how Eli was going to react to a new baby in the house. I had a pit in my stomach for hours before we left the hospital.
Let's just say it didn't go very well when we got home. Eli threw one of the biggest tantrums of his life when he saw us pull Oliver out of his car seat and take him into the house. The nervous feeling in my stomach was confirmed when I saw all of this happening, and I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. So I did a little of both.
The next morning, Eli warmed up to him a little. He even shared his truck with Oliver, running it across his body. He got a little upset when Oliver didn't reach for it and play back. Silly newborns and their lack of motor skills!
Ollie's first bath at home went surprisingly well. As long as we kept his body covered with warm washcloths, he didn't mind it at all.
This was the first time Eli held his new brother. He was interested in him for about 1.6 seconds and was then sliding off Adam's lap to cause mischief somewhere.
Oliver gets really fussy in the evenings, and one of the only ways to calm him down is to take him outside. We have been spending a lot of time in our pajamas in the yard, just hanging out.
We love our Ollie and are so glad he's part of our family!
6 comments:
You guys are so cute! You are making me so excited!
i especially love the last photo. so touching!
perfect pics. i especially love the last one. such a pretty mama.
Grandparents couldn't be prouder!
Grandparents couldn't be prouder!
Grandparents couldn't be prouder!
Post a Comment