Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm a 1!

I'm still here (at 4 days overdue), but wanted to give you all an update. I went into my doctor's office yesterday for fetal monitoring. They hooked me up to a machine and monitored the baby's heart beat, movements, and my contractions for almost an hour. He was a stubborn little devil and kept rolling away from them every time they got a good heart beat. It took forever for them to get the readings that they needed, but the good news is that he passed with flying colors. He doesn't seem too stressed out in there. He is still happy hanging out for awhile longer!

The good news is that I've FINALLY made a little progress. I am 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. The bad news is that Merlin still hasn't descended at all. He is sitting at a -3 station, which is the measurement of how far down he is in the pelvis. He is still what they calling "floating."

I also had some good, strong contractions during the night, which was encouraging. Personally, I don't think I'm going to make it all the way until my induction on Tuesday. We shall see....

6 comments:

Camie and JD said...

WOw that's a while to wait for an induction? My dr would not wait more then 5 days? Hang in there! By the way this is camie, adam's cousin.

Tom and Juli said...

Yay for progress!! Clark was at a -2 station until 20 minutes before I had him... so don't worry too much about that one, they can progress quickly. So glad to hear he's doing well in there. Keep up the good work!

Laura Edwards said...

Wahoo! It's getting closer!!!!!!!

Scooter and Jessica said...

I can't wait to meet him. I'm so glad that mom is there. I love all of you!

michellep said...

Yay, yay, yay! Hope he comes really soon!

Andrea Hatch said...

Congrats!!! I can't wait to hear how you're doing this weekend! I can't believe he hasn't come yet. And your blog is SOOO awesome!! I wish I had been reading it sooner...and I can't wait to see the birth post!